Wilbury Stratton's Talent Mapping Process
What is Talent Mapping?
When it comes to hiring top-quality talent, the best companies are pre-emptive. Instead of waiting for a vacancy to occur, smart hiring managers are constantly updating their knowledge of the best candidates in the market. They know who they are, where they work and how much they cost. And with this sort of data at their fingertips, they can act speedily whenever the need arises.
But our talent mapping service isn’t just about succession planning. We are able to identify team structures, reporting lines and workstream processes. We can also establish the rationale underpinning the way that companies choose to operate. This highlights best practice and allows our clients to benchmark their own resourcing and organisational design decisions.
As with all Wilbury Stratton’s research services, our talent mapping is undertaken by engaging directly with market professionals. Instead of relying on LinkedIn or other social or professional media sites, we actually speak to the very people you are looking to identify. This ensures our findings are detailed, corroborated and fully up-to-date.
- Agree with our client exact talent pool to be identified, along with any required lateral intelligence (reporting lines, salary details, propensity to move etc.)
- Consolidate and review all publicly available information and cross-reference with our proprietary company database
- Engage with provisionally identified talent to build out complete teams, reporting lines and organisational matrices
- Corroborate and cross-reference all data; issue report including (as required) organograms, candidate lists, key findings, salary information, perception analysis, propensity to move and recommendations re candidate engagement
- Quant Analysts – Fixed Income & Equity (US Investment Bank)
- Female Fund Managers (Leading UK Asset Manager)
- Customer Experience Teams (Global Consumer Goods Company)
- Compliance Professionals, Partner to Associate (US Law Firm)
- Global Payments, Sales, Propositions & Pricing (Big Five UK Bank)
- Data Teams, CDO minus 3 (European Investment Bank)
Who do we speak to?
Typically, our talent mapping projects involve engagement with the following sources:
- Professionals within target teams
- Ex-employees of target teams
- Switchboard operators / admin staff
- Clients of target teams and other relevant stakeholders